LABYRINTH SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS
Our Lavender Labyrinth is dedicated to the memory of Dick Atkins and Bobbie Pollitt
We invite you to enjoy the labyrinth as a healing tool to find solace, release of grief, illumination or spiritual growth.
There is no “right” or “wrong” way to walk a labyrinth, but if this is your first experience walking one, here are some helpful tips to make the most of the experience.
- Prepare yoursef with the intent to quiet the mind and open the heart. Labyrinth walks are sometimes referred to as a walking meditation.
- At the entrance, pause, reflect, make prayer or intention for the spiritual walk you are about to take.
- The walk through the design toward the center often involves a “letting go” – quieting the thoughts, releasing worries and being truly present in the experience of being present in the body on the path.
- Once in the center, pause once again to “let in” and absorb the experience, whether it be peace, gratitutude, understanding, etc.
- When ready, the walk out leads us back into our lives, empowered by a new awareness and call to action.